Cllr Douris declared that he is the Ward Councillor for Ashridge, He confirmed that he is coming to the meeting with an open mind and has confirmed that he has taken no part in any discussion regarding this application.
The Case Officer, Sally Robbins introduced the report to Members and said that the application had been referred to the Committee due to the contrary views of the Parish Council.
Little Gaddesden Parish Councillor Jim Townsend spoke in objection to the application.
It was proposed by Councillor Stevens and seconded by Councillor Durrant to GRANT the application.
For: 8 Against: 0 Abstained: 2
Resolved: That planning permission be GRANTED.
That planning permission be GRANTED
Condition(s) and Reason(s):
1. The development hereby permitted shall begin before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with the requirements of Section 91 (1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by Section 51 (1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. No development (other than groundworks) shall take place until full details of both hard and soft landscape works has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These details shall include:
· all external hard surfaces within the site
· other surfacing materials
· soft landscape works including a planting scheme with the number, size, species and position of trees, plants and shrubs.
The hard and soft landscape works, including planting, must be carried out within one planting season of completing the development.
Any tree or shrub which forms part of the approved landscaping scheme which within a period of 5 years from planting fails to become established, becomes seriously damaged or diseased, dies or for any reason is removed shall be replaced in the next planting season by a tree or shrub of a similar species, size and maturity.
Reason: To improve the appearance of the development and its contribution to biodiversity and the local environment, as required by saved Policy 99 of the Dacorum Borough Local Plan (2004) and Policies CS12 (e) and CS24 of the Dacorum Borough Council Core Strategy (2013).
3. No work (including site clearance) in relation to the development hereby approved shall be undertaken until full details setting out how retained trees shall be protected, in accordance with BS5837:2012 (Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction), have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Details shall include:
o A scaled Tree Protection Plan showing the approved development layout and retained trees (surveyed in accordance with BS5837:2012), to include their accurate crown spreads and root protection areas (RPAs)
o The sequential order of events required for tree protection
o The position and specification of tree protection fencing in accordance with BS5837:2012 (as applicable)
o The position and specification of ground protection in accordance with BS5837:2012 (as applicable)
o Details of hard surfacing constructed using no-dig techniques where proposed over the RPA of retained trees (as applicable)
o Details of proposed levels
o The position of service routes and drainage, and means of installation if these encroach through the RPA of retained trees.
There shall be no excavation, changes in levels, storage of materials or access within the RPA of retained trees unless previously specified and agreed. The works must be carried out according to the approved details.
Reason: In order to ensure that damage does not occur to trees and hedges during building operations in accordance with saved Policy 99 of the Dacorum Borough Local Plan (2004), Policy CS12 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013) and Paragraph 174 of the National Planning Policy Framework (2021).
4. No development (excluding groundworks) shall take place until details of the materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development hereby permitted have been submitted and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To ensure satisfactory appearance to the development and to safeguard the visual character of the countryside, the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the Historic Park and Garden, in accordance with Policies CS7, CS12, CS24 and CS27 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013).
5. No new floodlighting, security lighting or other external means of illumination of the site shall be provided, installed or operated at the site.
Reason: To preserve the rural amenity of the locality, to minimise impacts on biodiversity and to avoid unnecessary light pollution in accordance with Policies CS7, CS24 and CS26 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013) and Paragraphs 130 and 174 of the National Planning Policy Framework (2021).
6. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans/documents:
001 P4 (Site Location, Block and Aerial Plans and site photos)
002 P4 (Plan on new facility)
003 P3 (Perimeter Elevations and Cross Section)
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
1. Planning permission has been granted for this proposal. Discussion with the applicant to seek an acceptable solution was not necessary in this instance. The Council has therefore acted pro-actively in line with the requirements of the Framework (paragraph 38) and in accordance with the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) (Amendment No. 2) Order 2015.