Single storey front extension, demolition of part of garage, 2 single
store rear extensions and associated alterations.
18 Bartel Close, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 8LX
Cllr Stevens declared an interest in item 5e, as he knows the objector. He confirmed that they had not discussed the application and he was coming to it with an open mind.
The property is owned by a member of the Conservative Group, but Nargis Sultan clarified that Conservative members of the Committee could vote on it. (They had not discussed the application with Cllr Bassadone.)
Philip Stanley introduced the report on behalf of Jane Miller, and said that the application had been referred to the Committee, as the site property is owned by CouncillorBassadone.
Gary MacDonald spoke in objection to the application.
Martin Dowling spoke in support of the application.
It was proposed by Councillor Maddern and seconded by Councillor Hobson to DELEGATED with a view to APPROVAL in line with officers recommendations.
For: 9 Against: 0 Abstained: 3
Resolved: That planning permission be DELEGATED with a view to APPROVAL
That planning permission be DELEGATED with a view to APPROVAL subject to appropriate assessment in accordance with article 6(3) of the Habitats Directive and securing a mitigation package to avoid any further significant effects on the Chilterns Beechwood Special Area of Conservation (SAC) through financial contributions secured by legal agreement.
Condition(s) and Reason(s):
1. The development hereby permitted shall begin before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with the requirements of Section 91 (1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by Section 51 (1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be constructed in accordance with the materials specified on the application form and plans.
Reason: To make sure that the appearance of the building is suitable and that it contributes to the character of the area in accordance with Policies CS11 and CS12 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013).
3. The annexe hereby permitted shall not be occupied at any time other than for purposes ancillary to the residential use of the dwelling known as 18 Bartel Close, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
Reason: To ensure that the annexe is not severed from the main dwelling to provide a self-contained dwelling unit, since this would be out of character with the area, and contrary to the provisions of Policies CS11 and CS12 of the Core Strategy (2013).
4. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans/documents:
453/04 site location plan
453/17 rev C proposed block plan (showing off street parking provision)
453/18 rev C proposed ground floor plan
453/19 rev B proposed first floor plan
453/20 rev B proposed elevations
453/21 rev B proposed elevations
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
1. Planning permission has been granted for this proposal. The Council acted pro-actively through positive engagement with the applicant during the determination process which led to improvements to the scheme. The Council has therefore acted pro-actively in line with the requirements of the Framework (paragraph 38) and in accordance with the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) (Amendment No. 2) Order 2015.