5e. 22/00919/FUL Demolition of existing outbuilding and construction of new dwelling, with new access and associated works
Land Adjacent To Finch Cottage Tower Hill Chipperfield Kings Langley Hertfordshire WD4 9LN
The Case Officer, Joan Reid presented the report on behalf of Patrick Doyle, and said that the application had been referred to the Committee as DMC previously refused scheme on same site
It was proposed by Councillor Douris and seconded by Councillor Durrant to DELEGATED with a view to APPROVAL
For: 7 Against: 0 Abstained: 2
Resolved: That planning permission be DELEGATED with a view to APPROVAL.
That planning permission be GRANTED, subject to conditions.
Condition(s) and Reason(s):
1. The development hereby permitted shall begin before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with the requirements of Section 91 (1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by Section 51 (1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. Prior to the demolition (or any roof works) of any of the existing buildings on site, bat survey(s) shall be undertaken by a qualified professional to establish the presence or absence of bats in the internal roof space and submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Should bats be found, the appropriate mitigation measures and contingency plans shall be implemented in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To identify and ensure the survival and protection of important species and those protected by legislation that could be adversely affected by the development, having regard to Policies CS26 and CS29 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy and Paragraph 174 of the National Planning Policy Framework (2021).
3. Notwithstanding the details shown on the plans, no development (excluding demolition/ground investigations) shall take place above slab level until details of the materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development hereby permitted have been submitted and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To ensure satisfactory appearance to the development and to safeguard the visual character of the area in accordance with Policies CS11 and CS12 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013).
4. No development shall take place above slab level until full details of both hard and soft landscape works has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These details shall include:
o the proposed garden shed;
o all external hard surfaces within the site;
o other surfacing materials;
o means of enclosure;
o soft landscape works including a planting scheme with the number, size, species and position of trees, plants and shrubs;
o minor artefacts and structures (e.g. furniture, play equipment, signs, refuse or other storage units, etc.); and
o retained historic landscape features and proposals for restoration, where relevant.
The planting must be carried out within one planting season of completing the development.
Any tree or shrub which forms part of the approved landscaping scheme which within a period of 5 years from planting fails to become established, becomes seriously damaged or diseased, dies or for any reason is removed shall be replaced in the next planting season by a tree or shrub of a similar species, size and maturity.
Reason: To improve the appearance of the development and its contribution to biodiversity and the local environment, as required by saved Policy 99 of the Dacorum Borough Local Plan (2004) and Policy CS12 (e) of the Dacorum Borough Council Core Strategy (2013).
5. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 2015 (as amended) (or any Order amending or re-enacting that Order with or without modification) no development falling within the following classes of the Order shall be carried out without the prior written approval of the Local Planning Authority:
Classes A, B, C and E of Part 1, Schedule 2.
Reason: To enable the Local Planning Authority to retain control over the development in the interests of safeguarding the residential and visual amenity of the locality in accordance with Policies CS5, CS6 , CS12 and CS27 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013) and Paragraph 130 of the National Planning Policy Framework (2021)and to ensure that the building does not become materially larger than the one it replaces and preserve the openness of the green belt and the purposes of including land within it consistent with Core Strategy policies CS1, CS5 and CS6 and section 13 of the NPPF (2021)
6. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans/documents:
FP21871-02A AMENDED PROPOSED PLANS AND ELEVATIONS
FP21871-10A AMENDED PROPOSED SITE LAYOUT
FP21871-21A AMENDED PROPOSED SITE BLOCK PLAN AND LOCATION PLAN
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.