5i, 21/04741/FHA - Construction of single storey front and rear extensions Old Village Hall,
87 Flaunden, Flaunden, Hertfordshire
The Case Officer, Jane Miller introduced the report to Members and said that the application has been referred to the Committee due to the contrary views of Flaunden Parish Council
Parish Councillor Elena Moya spoke in objection to the application.
It was proposed by Councillor Wyatt-Lowe and seconded by Councillor Durrant to Grant the application.
For: 4 Against: 3 Abstained: 3
Resolved: That planning permission be GRANTED.
That planning permission be Granted.
Condition(s) and Reason(s):
1. The development hereby permitted shall begin before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with the requirements of Section 91 (1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by Section 51 (1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development hereby permitted shall match the existing building in terms of size, colour and texture.
Reason: To make sure that the appearance of the building is suitable and that it contributes to the character of the area in accordance with Policies CS11, CS12 and CS27 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013).
3. Prior to the first use of the extensions hereby approved details of the provisions for the storage and recycling of refuse have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Such provisions shall be made/constructed prior to the first use and shall thereafter be made permanently available for the occupants of the dwelling.
Reason: To safeguard the residential and visual amenities of the locality, protect the environment and prevent obstruction to pedestrian movement in accordance with saved Policy 129 of the Dacorum Borough Local Plan (2004) and Policies CS12 and CS27 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013).
4. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans/documents:
1 site location plan
3 A proposed plans, elevation and section (received 14.02.2022)
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
1. Planning permission has been granted for this proposal. The Council acted pro-actively through positive engagement with the applicant during the determination process which led to improvements to the scheme. The Council has therefore acted pro-actively in line with the requirements of the Framework (paragraph 38) and in accordance with the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) (Amendment No. 2) Order 2015.
2. Working Hours Informative
Contractors and sub-contractors must have regard to BS 5228-2:2009 "Code of Practice for Noise Control on Construction and Open Sites" and the Control of Pollution Act 1974.
As a guideline, the following hours for noisy works and/or deliveries should be observed: Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 5:30pm, Saturday, 8am to 1pm, Sunday and bank holidays - no noisy work allowed.
Where permission is sought for works to be carried out outside the hours stated, applications in writing must be made with at least seven days' notice to Environmental and Community Protection Team firstname.lastname@example.org or The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1DN. Local residents that may be affected by the work shall also be notified in writing, after approval is received from the LPA or Environmental Health.
Works audible at the site boundary outside these hours may result in the service of a Notice restricting the hours as above. Breach of the notice may result in prosecution and an unlimited fine and/or six months imprisonment.
Waste Management Informative
Under no circumstances should waste produced from construction work be incinerated on site. This includes but is not limited to pallet stretch wrap, used bulk bags, building materials, product of demolition and so on. Suitable waste management should be in place to reduce, reuse, recover or recycle waste product on site, or dispose of appropriately.