The report was introduced by the case officer Nigel Gibbs on behalf of Robert Freeman
It was proposed by Councillor Stevens and seconded by Councillor Durrant that the application be Granted
For: 4 against: 0 Abstained: 3
Condition(s) and Reason(s):
1. The development hereby permitted shall begin before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with the requirements of Section 91 (1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by Section 51 (1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans/documents:
PL06 Revision B (Street Elevation)
PL07 Revision C (Site Plan)
PL08 Revision C (Floor Plans)
PL09 Revision B (Elevations)
PL10 Revision C (3D Views)
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3. No development of the superstructure shall take place until samples of the materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development hereby permitted have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To make sure that the appearance of the building is suitable and that it contributes to the character of the area in accordance with Policies CS11 and CS12 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013).
4. The development, hereby approved, shall not be occupied until the access and parking arrangements shown on drawing PL07 Revision C (Site Plan) have been provided. These parking arrangements shall be thereafter retained in accordance with the approved drawings.
Reason: To ensure construction of a satisfactory development and in the interests of highway safety in accordance with Policy 5 of Hertfordshire’s Local Transport Plan (adopted 2018).
5. No construction of the superstructure shall take place until details of proposed sustainability measures within the development shall be submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority.
Reason: To ensure the sustainable development of the site in accordance with the aims of Policies CS28 and CS29 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013), the Sustainable Development Advice Note (2016) and Paragraphs 150 and 153 of the National Planning Policy Framework (2019).
6. No development shall take place until a ventilation strategy has been submitted for the approval of the LPA to protect likely future occupiers of new housing from exposure to road transportation noise ingress.
The ventilation strategy shall include an assessment of the likely impact on the residential occupation and shall also consider:
- How the ventilation strategy impacts on the acoustic conditions. Where the provision Includes any Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery (MVHR) systems, to ensure this does not compromise the internal sound levels achieved by sound insulation of the external façade
- Service and maintenance obligations for the MVHR, where required
- A strategy for mitigating overheating impacts on the acoustic condition including a detailed overheating assessment to inform this.
- Likely noise generated off-site where mechanical ventilation is introduced to site and, its impact on existing neighbours and any measures to be made to eliminate noise.
- The strategy shall be compiled by appropriately experienced and competent persons.
The approved ventilation strategy shall be implemented prior to first occupation and which remains in perpetuity in respect of the residential use.
Reason: To ensure an appropriate level of residential amenity in accordance with Policies CS12 and CS32 of the Core Strategy.
7. No construction of the superstructure shall take place until full details of both hard and soft landscape works has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These details shall include:
- all external hard surfaces within the site;
- other surfacing materials;
- means of enclosure;
- soft landscape works including a planting scheme with the number, size, species and position of trees, plants and shrubs; and
The planting must be carried out within one planting season of completing the development.
Any tree or shrub which forms part of the approved landscaping scheme which within a period of 5 years from planting fails to become established, becomes seriously damaged or diseased, dies or for any reason is removed shall be replaced in the next planting season by a tree or shrub of a similar species, size and maturity.
Reason: To improve the appearance of the development and its contribution to biodiversity and the local environment, as required by saved Policy 99 of the Dacorum Borough Local Plan (2004) and Policy CS12 (e) of the Dacorum Borough Council Core Strategy (2013).
8. The development hereby approved shall not be occupied until full details of the arrangements for the storage of refuse have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The proposed bin storage shall be provided fully in accordance with the approved details prior to occupation and shall thereafter be retained in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To ensure the appropriate provision for the storage of waste in accordance with Policy CS12 of the Core Strategy.