Cllr Beauchamp declared a personal interest and will not be participating in discussion or voting on this application.
The Case Officer, CLecartintroduced the report to Members and said that the application had been referred to the Committee given the contrary recommendation of Chipperfield Parish Council. Chipperfield Parish Council Object to the development.
A statement was prepared by Parish Councillor Geoff Bryant in objection of the application. This was read outby Cassy O’Neil, Corporate & Democratic Support Team Leader.
Grayspoke in support of the application.
Cllr Tindall indicated he was leaving the meeting at 19.53pm
It was proposed by Cllr McDowell and seconded by Cllr Hobsonto GRANT the application.
For: 7 Against: 0 Abstained: 1
Resolved: That planning permission be GRANTED with the following conditions;
Condition(s) and Reason(s):
1. The development hereby permitted shall begin before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with the requirements of Section 91 (1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by Section 51 (1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans/documents:
256 pa2.05 Rev B
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3. The bricks, flintwork, mortar, slates and rainwater goods to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development hereby permitted shall match the existing building in terms of size, colour and texture.
Pre cast flintwork panels shall not be used.
Reason: To make sure that the appearance of the building is suitable and that it contributes to the character of the area in accordance with Policies CS11 and CS12 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013).
4. No development (excluding demolition/ground investigations) shall take place until joinery and finish and rooflight details to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development hereby permitted have been submitted and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details. Please do not send materials to the Council offices. Materials should be kept on site and arrangements made with the Planning Officer for inspection.
Reason: To ensure satisfactory appearance to the development and to safeguard the visual character of the area in accordance with Policies CS11 and CS12 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013).
5. No construction of the superstructure shall take place until full details of both hard and soft landscape works has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These details shall include:
· all external hard surfaces within the site;
· other surfacing materials;
· means of enclosure;
· soft landscape works including a planting scheme with the number, size, species and position of trees, plants and shrubs;
· minor artefacts and structures (e.g. furniture, play equipment, signs, refuse or other storage units, etc.); and
The planting must be carried out within one planting season of completing the development.
Any tree or shrub which forms part of the approved landscaping scheme which within a period of 5 years from planting fails to become established, becomes seriously damaged or diseased, dies or for any reason is removed shall be replaced in the next planting season by a tree or shrub of a similar species, size and maturity.
Reason: To improve the appearance of the development and its contribution to biodiversity and the local environment, as required by saved Policy 99 of the Dacorum Borough Local Plan (2004) and Policy CS12 (e) of the Dacorum Borough Council Core Strategy (2013).
6. No construction of the superstructure shall take place until details of the provisions for the storage and recycling of refuse have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Such provisions shall be made/constructed prior to the first occupation of the building(s) and shall thereafter be made permanently available for the occupants of the building(s) unless further written approval for an alternative scheme is gained from the Local Planning Authority.
Reason: To safeguard the residential and visual amenities of the locality, protect the environment and prevent obstruction to pedestrian movement in accordance with saved Policy 129 of the Dacorum Borough Local Plan (2004) and Policy CS29 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013).
7. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 2015 (or any Order amending or re-enacting that Order with or without modification) no development falling within the following classes of the Order shall be carried out without the prior written approval of the Local Planning Authority;
Schedule 2, Part 1, Class A, B, C, E
Reason: To enable the Local Planning Authority to retain control over the development in the interests of safeguarding the residential and visual amenity of the locality in accordance with Policies CS12 and CS27 of the Dacorum Borough Core Strategy (2013) and Paragraph 127 of the National Planning Policy Framework (2019).
8. Prior to the first occupation of the development hereby permitted the proposed on-site car parking areas shall be laid out, demarcated, levelled, surfaced and drained in accordance with the approved plan and retained thereafter available for that specific use.
Reason: To ensure construction of a satisfactory development and in the interests of highway safety in accordance with Policy CS12 of the Core Strategy (2013) and Saved Appendix 5 of the Local Plan (2004).
9. Prior to first occupation of the development rights of access to the proposed car parking spaces shown on drawing 256 pa2.05 Rev B shall be secured. Details confirming these access rights shall be submitted to the LPA for its records.
Reason: To ensure construction of a satisfactory development and in the interests of highway safety, as well as to secure an operable and convenient car parking arrangement in accordance with Policy CS12 of the Core Strategy (2013) and Saved Appendix 5 of the Local Plan (2004).