We have agreed a constitution which sets out
how we operate, how decisions are made and the procedures which are
followed to ensure that these are efficient, transparent and
accountable to local people. Some of these processes are required
by law, while others are a matter for us to choose.
The Constitution is made up of the following
- 16 'articles' setting out the basic rules governing our
- A Responsibility for Functions section explaining the roles of
various people in carrying out our business
- Procedure rules for us and our committees
- Codes and protocols, including codes of conduct for
councillors and officers
- Details of the Members' Allowances Scheme
- Details of the council's management structure.