Decision Maker: Portfolio Holder for Commercial Strategy and Delivery
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Decision made and reasons:
1. To engage ADL Traffic & highways Engineering Ltd consultants to undertake a consultation on the proposal to introduce the F-zone Controlled Parking Zone in Elm Grove, Berkhamsted
2. The proposal for the F-Zone permit holder only restrictions are:
Monday to Sunday
8:00am – 8:00pm
The rule as established in adopted Council policy is one permit per person, per vehicle, up to a maximum of three permits per property.
Maximum number of virtual visitor session allocation of 700 hours per year, which is in line with other DBC residents only Controlled Parking Zones with similar restricted times.
3. The introduction of the restrictions is proposed to regularise the on-street parking provision and improve amenities.
4. The reason for the decision is to deter inappropriate parking by commuters using the area for parking
5. To delegate the decision to undertake a statutory consultation and implement the restriction, if applicable, to the Head of Commercial Development in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Commercial Strategy & Delivery.
6. No waiting at any time on the north-western side of Elm Grove to allow emergency vehicles to pass, and also no waiting at any time restrictions on the junction of Elm Grove & the High Street to protect the junction, please see the plan below:
Publication date: 04/08/2022
Date of decision: 04/08/2022
Date comes into force if not called in: 12/08/2022
Call-in deadline date: 11/08/2022
Current call-in Count: 0