Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. The preparation of a Hemel Place Strategy, subject to final approval by Cabinet and Council once further work has been carried out.
2. The establishment of a Hemel Place Board as outlined in the report to oversee the development and implementation of the Place Strategy, and delegates authority to the Leader of the Council to approve the final membership of the Place Board and its Terms of Reference.
3. The proposals as outlined in the report to carry out engagement with key partners, stakeholders and local residents to help shape the Hemel Place Strategy vision and objectives.
4. Endorsing the creation of a comprehensive strategy for the future physical, economic, social and environmental development of Hemel Hempstead Town Centre as an early priority for the Hemel Place Strategy work.
5. The provision of resources to develop the Hemel Hempstead Place Strategy and the related Town Centre Strategy.
6. RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND;
That Council approves a budget of £500K to be drawn down from the Dacorum Development Reserve as required to fund the work to develop the Place Strategy.
7. To delegate authority to the Chief Executive in consultation with the Corporate Director (Finance & Operations) to draw down the allocated funds to produce the work set out in this report.
8. To delegate authority to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader, to prepare and submit a bid to MHCLG for funding under the Levelling Up Fund programme.
Publication date: 30/04/2021
Date of decision: 20/04/2021
Decided at meeting: 20/04/2021 - Cabinet