Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A first quarter (April – June) review of the council’s financial performance
That Cabinet consider the budget monitoring position for each of the above accounts and:
RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND;
1. Recommend to Council approval of the revised capital programme to move £7.3m slippage identified at Quarter 1 into financial year 2021/22 as detailed in Appendix C.
2. Recommend to Council approval of supplementary revenue budgets as follows:
· Supplementary budget of £140k in The Forum premises budget to fund the costs of ensuring the building is safe for staff to return under Coronavirus.
· Supplementary budget of £60k in the Premises Insurance budget to fund additional costs of Uninsured Losses, to be funded from the Uninsured Losses reserve.
· Supplementary budget of £253k in the Building Control service to fund the final settlement of Work in Progress following the transfer of the service to Hertfordshire Building Control. This is to be funded from the Management of Change reserve.
· Supplementary budget of £33k in the Garage service, funded from the Invest to Save reserve, to fund a specialist project manager to lead on improvements to the garage letting process.
3. Recommend to Council approval of supplementary capital budgets as follows:
· A capital budget of £90k in the Waste and Recycling Capital budgets for new Wheeled Bins.
· Additional budget of £400k in the Fleet Replacement Budget, to fund additional vehicles.
· Capital budgets of £24k and £19k to fund electrical upgrade works at Berkhamsted Civic Centre and Victoria Hall Tring respectively.
· Capital budget of £15k for essential roofing improvements at The Denes.
Publication date: 24/09/2020
Date of decision: 22/09/2020
Decided at meeting: 22/09/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 02/10/2020