Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider proposals and timescale for improvements to access arrangements to the Water Gardens car park and Bridge Street, Hemel Hempstead
1. That the delivery of the parking, access and movement proposals for Hemel Hempstead town centre as set out in the report be approved.
2. That authority be delegated to the Assistant Director (Planning, Development and Regeneration) to approve further design, planning and implementation decisions on recommendation 1 above.
3. That authority be delegated to the Assistant Director (Planning, Development and Regeneration) for the appointment of consultants and contractors to deliver the Parking, Access and Movement project as set out under recommendation 1 above.
4. That authority be delegated to the Assistant Director (Planning, Development and Regeneration) in consultation with the Assistant Director (Corporate and Contracted Services) for the approval of a legal agreement with Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) to enable the works to be undertaken on the public highway.
5. That approval is given for either DBC to make or for DBC to submit to Hertfordshire County Council to make a Traffic Regulation order required to prevent blue badge parking along Bridge Street, west of Waterhouse Street and to seek delegated authority from HCC to enforce the Traffic Regulation Order.
6. That Cabinet recommends to Council approval of a supplementary capital budget of £165k in financial year 2019/20 to enable the project to be delivered.
7. That the use of s106 income and income from sustainable transport funding from HCC to supplement existing budgets on this scheme; the virements brought in from these sources will increase the respective project budget be approved.
8. That Cabinet recommends to Council a supplementary one off reserve draw down of £25,000 in 2019/20 to support the delivery of the project, funded from the Planning and Regeneration Project Reserve.
Publication date: 22/10/2018
Date of decision: 16/10/2018
Decided at meeting: 16/10/2018 - Cabinet