Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
That the following amendments
to the Constitution regarding the conduct of the Development
Management Committee are approved:
1. If an application is recommended for approval, only objectors can invoke public speaking and then supporters can present their case. Applicants can only invoke speaking rights where the application is recommended for refusal.
2. Reduce Ward Councillor’s time limit for speaking from 10 minutes to five minutes.
3. Change the deadline to register to speak from 12 noon on the day of the meeting to 5pm the day before the meeting.
4. Stop members of the public distributing material at the meeting.
5. Planning officers must keep their presentations to 5 minutes for major applications and 3 minutes for all other applications.
Publication date: 11/07/2018
Date of decision: 11/07/2018
Decided at meeting: 11/07/2018 - Council