Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To update Cabinet on progress of the Hemel Garden Communities programme and agree key actions and resource allocations for the next stages of work.
1. the success of the bid and receipt and application of £0.75m equally shared with Dacorum Borough Council and St. Albans District and City Council for their work in 2018/19 be noted.
2. The draw down from the Local Development Framework Reserve of £0.14m in 19/20 and the residual £0.235m in 20/21 in line with Table 2 - 2 Year Spending Plan be approved and RESOLVE TO RECOMMEND its approval to Council.
3. MHCLG has given Garden Town status to Hemel Hempstead as a result of the bid be noted.
4. Funds to progress Hemel Hempstead Garden Town and Hemel Garden Communities are allocated and spent in broad alignment with the submitted Garden Communities bid to MHCLG.
5. Delegated authority is given to the Portfolio Holder for Planning and Infrastructure and Assistant Director Planning, Development and Regeneration to agree the detail in the Operational Project Plan.
6. Cabinet endorses the Project Plan in Appendix 6, 2 Year Spending Plan in Table 2 and Strategic Memorandum of Understanding between SADC, DBC and HCC in Appendix 4 and Indicative Governance Structure in Appendix 5.
7. Progress on Hemel Garden Communities and next steps are noted.
Report author: James Doe
Publication date: 02/08/2019
Date of decision: 30/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 30/07/2019 - Cabinet